We are SSE Pacifico K.K. of Roppongi Grand Tower, 3-2-1 Roppongi Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032 Japan (referred to as “SSE Pacifico”, “we” or “us” throughout this Privacy Notice).
We collect, use, process and handle your personal information as further explained in this Privacy Notice.
For the specific business areas outlined below, other SSE and any associated Joint Venture companies (the SSE group company) will jointly use, process and handle your personal information for their business purposes:
- SSE plc of Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, Perthshire, PH1 3AQ
- SSE Generation Limited of No.1 Forbury Place, 43 Forbury Road, Reading, United Kingdom, RG1 3JH
- SSE Renewables Services (UK) Limited of Millennium House, 25 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 7AQ
- SSE Renewables Limited of Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ
- Beatrice Offshore Windfarm Limited of Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ
- Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Limited of No.43 Forbury Road, Reading, United Kingdom, RG1 3JH
- Clyde Wind Farm (Scotland) Limited of Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ
- Stronelairg Wind Farm Limited of Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ
- Dunmaglas Wind Farm Limited Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3AQ
- Seagreen Wind Energy Limited, of No 1. Forbury Place, 43 Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 3JH
- Doggerbank Wind Farm, of No 1. Forbury Place, 43 Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 3JH
- Viking Energy Limited of The Gutters’ Hut, North Ness Business Park, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 0LZ
What information do we need?
We collect the following personal information about you:
- Name, Address, Telephone Number and Email Address;
- Payment Details including bank details;
- When using our website, your IP address, location information and browsing information;
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means;
- Your preferences for communications e.g. by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post;
- Details of your participation in surveys;
- Details from your social media accounts, including your interactions with us;
- Details of any vulnerabilities so we can adapt our services appropriately; and
- If you contact us by telephone, we may record the call for training and service improvement purposes and make notes in relation to your call.
As a renewable generator, SSE Pacifico works closely with third-parties, sub-contractors and other regulatory bodies.
Why do we need it?
We need to know your basic personal information to be able to develop and construct our generation portfolio, maintain and operate our electricity generation assets. In particular, to communicate and conduct business with you. We may also collect specific information in order to enter into legal contracts with you.
Legal bases for processing
In order to process and use your personal information lawfully, we rely on your consent and other legal bases set out in the applicable laws and regulations.
What do we do with it?
The collected personal information is processed by our staff or other SSE group companies’ staff to:
- Perform our obligations under any contract we have with you;
- Manage our relationship with you through support activities;
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you in accordance with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- Detect, prevent, investigate or remediate, crime, illegal or prohibited activities or to otherwise protect our legal rights, including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies, etc.;
- Communicate with you by telephone, mail, email or other electronic means and obtain feedback on how we can improve our services;
- Monitor, measure, improve and protect the content of our websites and services to provide enhanced and personal user experience for you;
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship;
- For the purposes of carrying out checks on suppliers and other third parties, which relate to activities such as anti-money laundering, countering terrorist financing and other unlawful acts (for example, illegal trafficking and environmental crime) and anti-bribery and corruption requirements;
- Carry out enquiries into land ownership and occupation (including land value/compensation and conducting land surveys);
- Communicate with landowners and occupiers in regard to developments; and
- To communicate with you in connection with development consultations (including report generation).
Who do we provide with the personal data?
We may provide the followings with your personal information referred in section “What information do we need?”:
- Regulatory authorities we may be subject to for the purposes of demonstrating compliance with applicable law and regulations;
- Our Corporate Auditors for the purposes of demonstrating compliance with financial and regulatory frameworks;
- Our sub-contractors for the purposes of carrying out work on our behalf;
- Our service providers for the purposes of providing services to us;
- Other SSE group companies for the purposes of account administration, payment management and strategy development and the other purposes referred in section “What do we do with it?”;
- Debt collection agencies for the purposes of debt management; and
- Any relevant planning authority in order for us to comply with applicable laws in regard to land developments.
Unless you’ve asked us not to, we may contact you in writing, by phone and (where you have consented) via email or SMS with information on products, services and rewards that we, other SSE group companies, and occasionally our carefully selected partners identified at the time we collect your information, offer. We may use third parties to send marketing communications.
Unless you have asked us not to, we may also use your email address to show you digital advertisements via search engine results pages or on other websites.
Unless you have asked us not to, we may profile your data to provide you with marketing and offers that are relevant to you. If you opt out of profiling, we will still run analysis that includes your data, but any decisions or marketing output that result from that analysis will not be used to market to you. You will be sent generic marketing that may not be relevant to you.
Where you partially complete and/or abandon any information inputted into our website and/or other online forms, we may use this information to contact you to remind you to complete any outstanding information and/or for marketing purposes.
To opt out of receiving marketing messages, or to object to our use of profiling for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at any time verbally, by email or in writing using the details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
How long will we keep it?
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which it was provided.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
We securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
International Data Transfers – How is your personal data transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or UK?
Your personal information may be transferred, hosted, stored and/or handled in another country outside of the EEA or UK. For example, where we, SSE group and/or our service providers (including servers) are based outside of the EEA or UK.
The EEA consists of countries in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and are all considered to have equivalent laws in data protection and privacy as those of Japan. The UK including Northern Ireland, are also considered to have equivalent laws in data protection and privacy.
We will only permit this to happen if adequate safeguards have been put in place to protect your personal data. For countries outside the EEA or UK, this means that we will ensure that the business operators which handle your personal data have taken appropriate and reasonable methods in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI) and related regulations (including guidelines published by the Personal Information Protection Commission).
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to be informed
You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
- Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data (if we’re processing it) and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your personal data in accordance with data protection law.
- Right to rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- Right to restrict processing
You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such data transferred directly to a third party.
- Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to certain types of processing in certain circumstances. In particular, the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or on public interest grounds; the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes (including profiling); the right to object to the use of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for direct marketing.
For more information on your rights (including those under the APPI) or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, you are welcome to get in touch using the details in the “Contacting Us” section below.
If you would like to contact us in relation to your rights or if you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal information, you may contact us by sending an email to: [email protected]
If you would like to contact on our Data Protection, you may do so using the following details:
Email: [email protected]
Address: Roppongi Grand Tower 33F, 3-2-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032, Japan